Friday, February 24, 2017

Belonging

In New York Times there's an article title "why I will not leave" by Jannette Vizguerra and in the article she tells us her openion on the deportation that has bean going on since Trump  got into the presidency.She tells us that since she has some criminal record that she has to take refuge at the church because she is affreid to get deported and leave her children without a mother  to raise them and take care of them.She also informed us that she is living at a church and she can't go home to her children because the church protects her from being deported but even tough is hard for her she has taken action to protest and the church helps her as well in the fight against deportation and other injustices. What I'm getting from Jannettes article is that there are many people that fear of getting deported and being separated from there family but even tough there is fear we still neeed to fight to get justice.She also has some evidence from what happen to another woman mother of a child that got deposited and she had to leave her children behind.I agree with what Jannette because I see my family and my neighbors talking and I can see that there is fear to be deported and being separated from there family's.The article is intended for both immigrants and non immigrants what I mean by that is people who came to this country and got papers to join and protest to make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment